Medical Robotic Section (MRSLab) is aimed at developing innovative methods and devices for clinical and surgical applications.
Main current research topics at MRSLab are:
1) Surgical planning and navigation
- Automatic and intelligent planners for neurosurgical keyhole interventions (biopsy, DBS electrodes placements and stereo EEG). For information, please visit the website.
- Tissue classification in optical imaging for surgical data science applications (in collaborations with Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia )
- Ontologies and artificial intelligence for context awareness in computer assisted surgery
2) Surgical robotics and human robot interfaces
- Novel interfaces for augmented human robot interaction in surgical applications
- Sensory overlay for improved surgical gestures and surgical training during tele-operation
- Augmented reality (surfaces reconstruction and feature tracking) for increasing the surgical safety in robotic-based interventions